Add to Cart
G&L Tribute Kiloton Satin Black
The verdict became clear so fast it would have put that wry grin on Leo’s face: the Made-in-Fullerton Kiloton™ is a smash-hit. Demand from players and musicians alike for a Tribute® Series version thundered with the same visceral punch as the bass itself delivers. And the moment of impact is now: meet the new G&L® Tribute Series Kiloton.
Just like its Made-in-Fullerton brother, the Tribute Series Kiloton features the most comfortable bass body ever created by Leo Fender. It’s compact and pure, with every curve and contour perfectly executed. The Tribute Series Kiloton delivers maximum firepower from its single G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucker, planted right in the sweet spot specified by Leo Fender back when the G&L factory was still called CLF™ Research.
The Tribute Series Kiloton’s single Made-in-Fullerton MFD ‘bucker fires without the aid of a preamp, while a 3-position series/split/parallel toggle harnesses the coils’ power. Simple volume and tone controls are devastatingly effective, revealing a wide range of textures Leo’s MFD bucker is famous for. What’s more, the Tribute Series Kiloton is armed with a Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer all the energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
• FINISH: Satin Black
• CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-on
• SCALE: 34"
• PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ Magnetic Field Design humbucker made in Fullerton, California
• BODY WOOD: Poplar
• NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple
• FRETBOARD: Rosewood
• NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 1/2"
• NECK RADIUS: 12"
• NECK PROFILE: Medium C
• NECK FINISH: Vintage Tint Satin Neck
• FRETS: 21 Medium jumbo, nickel
• TUNING KEYS: Traditional open-back
• BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock
• CONTROLS: 3-way series/split/parallel mini toggle, volume, tone
• Weight: 8.6 LBS