Add to Cart
G&L Tribute L2500 Black Frost
When Leo Fender† launched the G&L L•2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and today the L•2500™ packs all the features of the latest L•2000 into a 5-string.
Like its L•2000 brother, the foundation of the L•2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone* system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, the L•2500 brings the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L•2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The Tribute® Series L•2500 delivers the magic of Leo’s revolutionary design at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
Update: All Tribute Series Guitars now come with Satin Finished Necks!
• FINISH: Black Frost
• CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-on
• SCALE: 34"
• PICKUPS: Two Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
• BODY WOOD: Poplar
• NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple
• FRETBOARD: Maple
• NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4"
• NECK RADIUS: 12”
• NECK PROFILE: medium C
• NECK FINISH: Vintage Tint Satin Neck
• FRETS: 21 medium jumbo, nickel
• TUNING KEYS: Traditional Open Back
• BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™
• CONTROLS: Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
• Weight: 10 LBS